- The Great Apes share about 96% of their DNA with humans.
- Mice share about 90% while plants have more DNA than humans.
- Scientists estimate that humans and chimpanzees probably split less than 5.4 million years ago.
- In 1999, New Zealand's parliament gave the great apes legal protection from animal experimentation. Britain now forbid experiments on chimpanzees, orangutans, and gorillas.
- The German parliament voted in 2002 to add the phrase “and animals” to a clause in the country’s constitution requiring the state to uphold the dignity of humans.
- In 1992, Switzerland amended its constitution to recognise animals as “beings,” and not “things.”
The Egyptian Priests do to kill anything that has life, except such things as they offer in sacrifice, and animals are accounted sacred. Should any one kill any of these beasts, if wilfully, death is the punishment”.
In any culture, the mentally ill or retarded can be stripped of their human rights to free movement by being strapped to their beds.
- Western democracies with women presidents or prime ministers snugly accept that they can’t have women priests, as they are considered inferior to men.
- 4 million Americans, over 80% of them black, have been permanently disenfranchised because of even petty crimes.