- “Now is the winter of our discontent" (a phrase later used to refer to James Callahan’s 1978-1979 prime ministership in England)
- "A horse, a horse, my kingdom for a horse!"
- Coming to power by employing questionable means (having Edward IV’s marriage declared invalid as he was still legally married thus making Edward V illegitimate and thus not eligible to become a king)
- Getting rid of two young princes by having them murdered
- Beheading people like the Duke of Buckingham who rebelled against him
- Council of the North did begin to improve conditions for Northern England as before that most economic activity centred on the capital alone.
- Court of requests, an institution that enabled poor people who could not afford the expensive lawyers in the formal courts could have their cases heard officially (Kleineke, 2007)
- Judicial bail system, to secure the rights of the accused and protect them from imprisonment before trial and not have their property seized.
- Rescinded the ban of printing and selling books.
- Ordered the translation of the written laws into English from traditional French.
"..not exclusively an expression of a desire to control, dominate, repress and dragoon; it is also the expression of a desire that Russia, while making use of western science and technology, should avoid contamination by western 'degenerate' attitudes and pursue her own path."
- To see matters in an entirely different perspective without the burdens of racial and ethnic propaganda
- We can appreciate the achievements of other peoples and nations
- The agendas of hate or maligning others may give way to genuine appreciation and universal brotherhood.
- Tell Me No Lies: Investigative Journalism and its Triumphs, Edited by John Pilger. Vintage Paperback, 2005, £8.99
- Hannes Kleineke, ‘Richard III and the Origins of the Court of Requests’. The Ricardian, Vol. XVII, 2007, pp. 22–32
- Metspalu, Mait. Shared and unique components of human population structure and genome-wide signals of positive selection in South Asia. American journal of human genetics. 09.12.2011. Volume: 89 Issue: 6 Page: 731